Injury prevention and sports performance improvement
Sports podiatry deals with the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of the disorders that affect an athlete’s foot, in order to reduce the injuries derived from each sport and improve performance. The role of the chiropodist will be to balance the pressures to avoid excessive fatigue of the ligaments, muscles, tendons and joints. If this happens, it will have an impact on the locomotive system with consequences for the mechanical type of feet. It is very important to prevent dermatological injuries, especially those related to hypersweating, and fungi, since wearing one’s own footwear for a long time causes skin injuries to appear.
The aim of Sports Podiatry is:
- Study the feet and locomotor system of athletes.
- Perform a thorough examination from the point of view of biomechanics.
- Assess specifically for all the alterations with more prevalence in each type of sport and its impact on the foot.
- Evaluate the morphology and functionality of the athlete’s foot. Prevention of injuries resulting from alterations or compensations in the feet.
- Apply all diagnostic and treatment tools to provide the highest performance.
- Give a response to each of the patients in a personalized way, so they evaluate, plan and develop personalized treatments.
- Maintain a quality standard for evidence-based treatments.
- Be able to apply diagnostic technologies and studies.
- Treat from orthopedics to solve all the alterations and pain that patients may present.
- Be able to plan preventive care and treatments for pre-competition and post-competition.
- Analyze the appropriate sports shoes for each patient and for each sport specifically.
- Treat all kinds of injuries related to sports.
Do you want to book an appointment?
You can do this by calling this phone or through the contact page
Your specialists in Sports Podiatry
- Diploma in podiatry from the University of Extremadura in Plasencia in 2004.
- Member of the AECP since 2005
- Master in Surgical Surgery from the U.B. 2008
- Forefoot surgery course in the US at the Podiatry Institute in Atlanta in 2009.
- Surgical residence in East Valley foot and ankle surgery Arizona USA 2011.
- Rearfoot surgery course Podriadry Institute of Atlanta USA 2018.
- Member of the NGO Podiatry Without Borders.
- Podiatry master director UPV
- Graduated in podiatry from the University of Galicia in Ferrol in 2002. He has always been involved in orthopedics and the treatment of pediatric pathology and the foot of the rich (diabetic foot).
- Master’s degree in orthopedics from the University of Barcelona in 2002.
- Postgraduate in Pathology in Children from the Miguel Hernández University of Alicante.
- He has completed several training courses on the ICOPCV's risk foot.
- Member of the governing board of the College of Podiatrists of Valencia, with a candidacy as president.
- Foot infiltration course and digital surgical techniques. ILOPCV 2019